You can check out our full event calendar HERE, but the list below are our Top 10 picks for events and activity ideas happening in and around Carroll County this week. Don't miss out on all the fun, and please be sure to let them know you saw it in Macaroni Kid Westminster-Carroll!
Events are subject to change or cancellation. Please confirm events prior to attending.
Top 10 of the Week
Sep 13th - 19th
- CCPL: Library Loot Box - School Days - Ready to take home a Library Loot Box? The Loot Box is a take-home kit for teens with crafts, surprises, and a library book for you to read! Our theme this month is School Days. Enjoy a book and some “survival” items sure to help you start the year off right! Pick the box up at CCPL's Taneytown Branch beginning September 13. Just be sure to return the box and book when you're done reading!
- Open Studio Painting at Small Farm Ceramics - Drop in any time during open hours to paint your very own ceramics item! The cost is $5.00 for 2 hours!
- Trivia Night at Bistro 91 in Finksburg - What trivia tidbits are rattling around in your head? Grab a few friends and join for Trivia Night at Bistro 91! Compete for prizes and Facebook fame! Teams of up to five can sign up by registering online. Only one person per team needs to register.
- National Double Cheeseburger Day - Grab a burger to celebrate at Rafael's Restaurant. Tell them Macaroni Kid Westminster sent you.
- Pepper Palooza with the Downtown Sykesville Connection - Come visit the beautiful community garden and meet green community volunteers! You will talk about the best ways to grow them. Sweet and Hot Peppers: banana peppers, jalapenos, bell!
- Run Moore: Newton Pub Run - It's a Newton pub run! If you have not been to a demo run before, you're in for a treat. Friends from Newton will be on-site with demo shoes to take out for a run. You’ll still leave promptly at 6pm so if you wanted to take a pair for a spin, plan to come early. Newton is a brand Run Moore has been carrying since they opened and is a staff favorite. If you've ever wanted to experience the "pop" of a Newton shoe, you will want to come to this one!
- Westminster Fire Department Friday Night BINGO - Head to the fire department for weekly Bingo! Food will be provided by Kimberly Kafe and Catering of Westminster. Door open at 5:30 and games start at 7pm!
- Baughers Orchard: Pick Your Own Apples - Hayrides to the pumpkin patch are $3.00 per person. Wagons rides to the apple orchard are $3.00. Children under 3 are free!
- Deer Park Cemetery Walking Tour - Join the Historical Society of Carroll County on Saturday, September 18 for a walking tour of one of Carroll County’s historic cemeteries: Deer Park Methodist Cemetery in Smallwood. The tour will be led by church historian and HSCC volunteer Steve Sinnott. Deer Park Chapel was incorporated in 1854 and soon afterward the area to the rear of the church was used for burials. Over 200 eight-grave burial lots were sold originally. Originally, each owner maintained their own plot—digging the graves and caring for the site. The cemetery has expanded several times over the years and is the final resting place for over 1,500 local residents. Among these are 150 veterans, including the first casualty of the Spanish-American War. Their stories are sometimes humorous, sometimes tragic, and they make a fascinating introduction to local history you probably never knew. The tour is suitable for ages 10 and up. The tour requires standing for up to 1 hour and walking on uneven ground as well as paved roadways. Please wear comfortable shoes and dress appropriately for the weather. The cemetery is located at 2200 Sykesville Road, behind the old Deer Park Methodist Church (now The Maryland Store). The tour begins at 10:00 a.m. Please arrive at the cemetery gate 15 minutes before the tour for check-in.
- Michaels Sunday Makebreak: FREE Kids Worry Dolls - Come in-store for another FREE fun event! Worry dolls are small handcrafted dolls that originated in Guatemala. Legend says that people can tell the dolls their worries, then place them under their pillows; come morning, the dolls will have given them the wisdom to do away with their worries