You can check out our full event calendar HERE, but the list below are our Top 10 picks for events and activity ideas happening in and around Carroll County this week. Don't miss out on all the fun, and please be sure to let them know you saw it in Macaroni Kid Westminster-Carroll!
Events are subject to change or cancellation. Please confirm events prior to attending.
Top 10 of the Week
- Carroll Arts Center: Summer Art Camp Showcase - A showcase of work created by youth campers from this summer’s week-long Famous Artists Art Camp. These young artists will be displaying their own interpretations of pieces by famous artists such as Andy Warhol, Vincent Van Gogh, and more!
- Historical Society of Carroll County Boxed Lunch Talk - In 1933, Italian immigrants Pasquale and Lena Donofrio opened Carroll Gardens in Westminster. Over the next 50 years their business developed well-known hybrid plants and became nationally known. Their son, John, became a nationally acclaimed landscape architect. Author Brenda Black tells the story of her grandparents and the business that remains near and dear to the hearts of gardeners in Carroll County.
- National Fajita Day - National Fajita Day is on August 18th! Head into Papa Joes to enjoy. Tell them Macaroni Kid Westminster sent you.
- CCPL: Superhero Training Day at the North Carroll Branch - Design and make a superhero shield and mask. Test your superpowers on a hands-free obstacle course.
- CCPL: Fuse Bead Fun - Create your own work of art with fuse beads! Registered participants will receive the materials and instructions necessary to design their project. A heat source, such as an iron or oven, and adult supervision will be required to complete the piece. Kits will be available at CCPL's Westminster Branch.
- The Coolest Golf Tournament at Links Challendon - The Downtown Sykesville Connection (DSC) strives to diversify its programs and engage new volunteers. With the same Wonderwomen volunteers – Leslie George-Rowe and Denise Rowe – still actively working with the DSC team on the second edition of the “Coolest Golf Tournament”, the event promises to be extra special.
- FREE Outdoor Movie Night at McDaniel College - McDaniel College President Julia Jasken is hosting an Outdoor Movie Night on Friday, Aug. 20. Free and open to the public, the family-friendly event features Disney’s “Ratatouille” being shown at Kenneth R. Gill Stadium at approximately 8:30 p.m. along with food truck vendors and glow giveaways.
- CCPL: Exploration Commons Roadshow - Eating Local Made Easy - Join staff from CCPL's Exploration Commons at 50 East - opening this fall in Westminster - to get a taste of their future programs! Visit them at the Downtown Westminster Farmers’ Market and explore new ways to enjoy locally available foods. Chat with a nutrition expert about incorporating seasonal produce into your daily life or get tips on preparing a new vegetable you’ve never tried. Live cooking demos will occur at 9, 10, and 11 AM.
- HSCC: Pastimes for Children: Mills - Children will discover what it was like to live in Carroll County in the 1800’s. They will travel back in time and experience living on farms and in towns through creative activities, songs, stories and crafts. This program focuses on a different topic each class and includes a craft or activity that reinforces the theme.
- Magnolia House Studios: Dream Catcher Making Workshop - Come and learn the art of weaving and creating your own personal dream catcher with Grandma Michelle Moreau! $40 includes workshop and supplies.