You can check out our full event calendar HERE, but the list below are our Top 10 picks for events and activity ideas happening in and around Carroll County this week. Don't miss out on all the fun, and please be sure to let them know you saw it in Macaroni Kid Westminster-Carroll!
Events are subject to change or cancellation. Please confirm events prior to attending.
Top 10 of the Week
- FREE Snowballs on Locust Lane - Head to Locust Lane every Monday in July for FREE snowballs!
- Michaels Kids Club Online: Camp Creatology Class - Discover FREE online classes filled with colorful fun for creative mini-makers. This week, make a yarn-wrapped tambourine!
- Carroll Arts Center: Free Summer Movie! - Head to the Carroll Arts Center for the free Summer Movie this week - Tom & Jerry! The concession stand will be open to buy popcorn, candy, and soda. Outside food is not permitted.
- Night Out with Nature at Wakefield Valley Park - Join us for a night out with nature at Wakefield Valley Park featuring a nature walk with a local naturalist.
- Make and Take Thursday: Fairy Garden - Create your own fairy garden in City Park! Register in advance.
- Serpent Ridge Winery: Vino and Vinyasa - Join us for an evening of yoga, wine, food and friends the 3rd Friday of every month: 6/18, 7/16, 8/20, 9/17 from 6:00 - 9:00pm The evening begins with a sweet hour long yoga session (no experience needed!) Following yoga, enjoy a glass of wine of your choosing, as well as a yummy spread of veggies, hummus, cheese and fruit. Additional glasses of wine, wine flights or bottles available for purchase. It is truly is the perfect summer evening - yoga, wine, food and friends under the evening sky. Ticket price: $35 Venmo to bbritton3 or PayPal to Bethanybrittonyoga@gmail.comCash at the door is also welcome, however, please email instructor at Bethanybrittonyoga@gmail.comto register. Please make mention of which date you wish to attend when submitting payment.
- CCPL: Exploration Commons Roadshow - Eating Local Made Easy - Join staff from CCPL's Exploration Commons at 50 East - opening this fall in Westminster - to get a taste of our future programs! Visit us at the Downtown Westminster Farmers’ Market and explore new ways to enjoy locally available foods. Chat with a nutrition expert about incorporating seasonal produce into your daily life or get tips on preparing a new vegetable you’ve never tried. Live cooking demos will occur at 9, 10, and 11 AM.
- Piney Run Park: Just a Walk around the Bark - Welcome to the dog days of summer – Really, the true dog days. We hope you will join us while we take a beautiful stroll with man’s (and women’s) best friend. We will begin our hike at the nature center with a water for all of us. Following a hike through the inlet trial, concluding our hike at the nature center where we will reward our besties with their own goodie bag! All walks will begin at 8:30 – end around 10:00. All dogs must be on a leash, fully vaccinated, and play well with others!
- Union Mills Homestead: Civil War Encampment and Living History - Living history portrayals, encampments, and historic displays interpreting this period will take place on the scenic and spacious grounds of the Union Mills Homestead.
- Bear Branch Nature Center: Meet the Beekeeper - Join the Carroll County Beekeepers Association (CCBA) for an interactive, hands-on presentation on honeybees and beekeeping. Take a close look at the observation hive, discover what honeybees are doing this time of year, and learn the basics of starting a hive of your own.