You can check out our full event calendar HERE, but the list below are our Top 10 picks for events and activity ideas happening in and around Carroll County this week. Don't miss out on all the fun, and please be sure to let them know you saw it in Macaroni Kid Westminster-Carroll!
Events are subject to change or cancellation. Please confirm events prior to attending.
Top 10 of the Week
- Visit Bennett Cerf Park - Take your kids on a walk, bike, or scooter ride on the path at Bennett Cerf Park! Enjoy looking at the ducks and geese in the pond as well.
- Carroll Arts Center Free Summer Movie! Spies in Disguise - Super spy Lance Sterling (Will Smith) and scientist Walter Beckett (Tom Holland) are almost exact opposites. Lance is smooth, suave and debonair. Walter is not. But what Walter lacks in social skills he makes up for in smarts and invention, creating the awesome gadgets Lance uses on his epic missions. But when events take an unexpected turn, Walter and Lance suddenly have to rely on each other in a whole new way. And if this odd couple can’t learn to work as a team, the whole world is in peril. The concession stand will be open to buy popcorn, candy, and soda. Outside food is not permitted.
- A Likely Story Bookstore and CCPL: Summer Reads - Whitney Gardner - Join us for a special Summer Reading author event with Whitney Gardner, author, illustrator, and cartoonist. She is the author of the YA novels You’re Welcome, Universe and Chaotic Good, as well as the creator of Fake Blood and Long Distance and the illustrator for Debbie Levy’s Becoming RBG. In her latest, Long Distance, Whitney shares an exceptionally charming middle grade graphic novel about friendships both near and far, far away. To help her settle into her new life in Seattle, her parents send Vega off to summer camp to make new friends. Except Vega is determined to get her old life back. But when her cellphone unexpectedly calls it quits and things at camp start getting stranger and stranger, Vega has no choice but to team up with her bunkmates to figure out what’s going on! Order signed copies of Long Distance from A Likely Story Bookstore.
- CCPL: Balloon Bash - Make your own balloon game to take home, learn how to make a cool balloon hat, and more!
- CCPL: Get Ready to Read - Join us for an outdoor program where we will read a story together and play games and songs that will help your child review letters, letter sounds, and other reading skills in a fun and interactive environment. After every program, participants will be given an activity to take home to use throughout the summer aimed to help review and improve reading skills. If we must cancel due to bad weather, we will send an email to the registrants on the morning of the program.
- Storytime at Charlotte’s Quest Nature Center - Join us for storytime at Charlotte's Quest. We will read stories, play music, and have fun.
- Dancing Made Easy: Friday Night Dance - Enjoy great music, socializing and lots of fun dancing. We wear masks and stay physically distant.
- Westminster PRIDE - Westminster Pride celebrates the LGBTQ+ community. Join us for music, art, food, information, support, acceptance, solidarity and fun at this annual event.
- Bear Branch Nature Center: Microhabitat Investigation - Join a Master Naturalist in looking more closely at what lives under our feet. We’ll use items you can find around the house to mark our own investigation sites then use magnifying glasses to take a closer look at all the incredible life around us. We’ll find 3 different sites to see how life varies by habitat.
- Kayaking at Piney Run Park - To participate, you must be able to swim. Beginners are welcome, however you must be comfortable in a kayak on the water. You must wear a properly fitted Personal Floatation Device (PFD) life jacket provided , or may bring one of your own. A short lesson /demonstration on kayaking skills will be provided. Dress appropriately for the weather. Bring a hat, sunglasses and water bottle and shoes that are able to get wet. For youth under 18, parental consent and a waiver is required to be signed the day of the paddle. Youth must be accompanied by a participating parent/guardian.